Things to Consider Before Submitting a FOIA Request
- Please clearly describe the agency records sought.
- Consider including the names of authors and recipients of the records requested, grant or contract numbers if applicable, and the time period covered by your request in the description of the records requested.
- Please state how much you are willing to pay in fees for the records.
- If you are seeking a fee waiver, please address the six criteria articulated in Section 6 (a)(1) of 7 CFR Part 1, Appendix A.
- If we determine that the processing costs will exceed the amount you indicated, we will contact you with an estimate and request your approval of the fees.
- If you do not know and cannot determine which USDA Agency is responsible for the records you seek, you may address your FOIA request to the USDA Departmental FOIA Officer.
The Public Access Link (PAL) will be unavailable from 9:00 p.m. EDT Friday, September 4 through 6:00 p.m. EDT Sunday, September 6 due to scheduled maintenance.
Submit Your FOIA via Mail or Fax