- Diversity World
- Disability employment and workforce diversity resources
- Information, resources and research about work and disability issues
- Job listings with organizations that employ people with disabilities
- Hire Disability
- Assisting corporations and organizations in the management of diversity in the workplace. Includes job postings, events and employer resources
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities
- Federal disability resource providing better understanding of how to hire and retain persons with disabilities
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- The Department of Laborís Office of Disability Employment Policy provides policy analysis, technical assistance, development of innovative practices and strategies, and education and outreach to employers, employees and the disability community. Related to these efforts, ODEP also conducts a variety of employment-related programs and initiatives.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- The Job Accommodation Network is a free consulting service designed to increase the employability of people with disabilities by: 1) providing individualized worksite accommodations solutions, 2) providing technical assistance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act and other disability related legislation, and 3) educating callers about self-employment options.
- Employer Assistance Referral Network (EARN)
- The Employer Assistance Referral Network (EARN) is a nationwide, cost-free referral and technical assistance service for employers. EARN connects employers who have job vacancies to employment service providers who have direct access to job-ready individuals with disabilities. EARN also provides technical assistance to assist employers in locating appropriate organizations and information as they seek to hire qualified candidates with disabilities.
- USDA TARGET Center
- Department of Agriculture
- The CAP Program
- Department of Defense's Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program
- DOI ATC
- Department of Interior's Accessible Technology Center
- DOT DRC
- Department of Transportations Disability Resource Center
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- The American Association of People with Disabilities works to ensure economic self-sufficiency and political empowerment for the more than 56 million Americans with disabilities.
- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
- The American Foundation for the Blind promotes employment, independent living, literacy and technology for the blind and visually impaired population.
- Alliance for Technology Access (ATA)
- The Alliance for Technology Access is a network of community-based resource centers, developers, vendors and associates dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities and increasing their use of standard, assistive and information technologies.
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- The National Association of the Deaf provides programs and activities including: grassroots advocacy and empowerment, captioned media, certification of ASL professionals, certification of sign language interpreters, deafness-related information and publications, legal assistance, policy development and research, public awareness, and youth leadership development.
- National Organization on Disability (NOD)
- The National Organization on Disability raises disability awareness through programs and information.
- Disability Resources on the Internet
- An online guide to disability resources on the Web
- I Can!
- A one-stop resource for information, guidance, conversation and companionship for the disability community
- WCD Foundation for Education, Inc.
- WCDfoundation.org is the virtual home of the World Congress and Exposition on Disabilities Foundation. It provides a monthly newsletter, charitable opportunities for support, resource links, education materials, and scholarship/mini-grant information.
- Disability World
- A bi-monthly webzine of international disability news and views.
- Center for the Study and Advancement of Disability Policy (CSADP)
- The Center for the Study and Advancement of Disability Policy provides public education, leadership development and training, technical assistance and information dissemination, and also conducts action-research and analysis of public policy issues affecting individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Global Applied Disability Research and Information Network (GLADNET)
- The Global Applied Disability Research and Information Network Web site provides a public medium where stakeholders can gather to share ideas and information on a global scale in order to arrive at joint approaches to common problems. Their common goal is to advance competitive employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of North America (RESNA)
- The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) is an interdisciplinary association of people with a common interest in technology and disability. RESNAís purpose is to improve the potential of people with disabilities to achieve their goals through the use of technology. RESNA achieves this goal by promoting research, development, education, advocacy and provision of technology, and by supporting the people engaged in these activities.
- Self Helf for Hard of Hearing (SHHH)
- The Self Help for Hard of Hearing People exists to open the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, advocacy and support.
- VSA Arts
- VSA arts is an international nonprofit organization founded in 1974. VSA arts is creating a society where people with disabilities can learn through, participate in, and enjoy the arts. Nearly five million people with disabilities participate in VSA arts programs every year through a network of affiliates nationwide and in over 60 countries worldwide.
- Disabilityinfo.org is a directory of government Web links relevant to people with disabilities, their families, employers, service providers and other community members.
- Section 508
- This site offers resources for understanding and implementing the requirements of Section 508.
- Access Board
- The Access Board is an independent federal agency devoted to accessibility for people with disabilities. This site provides accessibility guidelines and standards, technical assistance, training and research, as well as publications and links.
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission works towards the elimination of illegal discrimination from the workplace. Information on laws, complaints, training and outreach is available at this site.
- USDA Association of Persons with Disabilities in Agriculture (APDA)
- APDA is an employee association celebrating diversity within USDA.
- This site provides access information and resources
for mature and travelers with special needs.
- Traveliní Talk is a global network of persons with disabilities
(and non-disabled) who have joined together and formed
a unique family of friends around the world.
- Resources, training and technical assistance information
from Easter Sealsí Project ACTION, a research and demonstration
project to improve access to public transportation for
people with disabilities, is offered on this site.
Last Modified: 06/27/2012