Distance Ergo Assessments
The TARGET Center is happy to offer a full service workstation
assessment for USDA employees nationwide. TARGET has
found that the vast majority of concerns related to workstation
ergonomics can be effectively addressed through the use of
digital pictures, email, and the telephone. In addition,
assessments are now available via TARGET
What you will need:
- Access to a digital camera or web-cam.
- A coworker to take pictures of you if using a digital camera.
What you will receive:
- A telephone consultation with an ergonomics specialist
- A written summary including observations, suggestions for change, healthy
computing resources, and product references specific to your workstation.
How to request a distance ergo assessment:
First: Take the pictures if using a digital camera.
Have your coworker take 5 – 10 pictures
of you, in action, doing everyday job tasks at your workstation.
Be sure to include:
- How you sit while working
- What you look like while typing and using the mouse
- The location of the monitor
The pictures should:
- Be taken from more than one angle
- Include you in the picture
Second: Email your request to TARGET.
Provide you name, agency, phone number, and email address along with a short
explanation of the discomfort that you are experiencing. If participating
via Web Connect, please indicate in the email.
Third: Schedule your consultation.
TARGET staff will contact you with three scheduling options
for your 30-60 minute telephone consultation. Assessments
over Web Connect will involve using your webcam to show your
current workstation set-up to TARGET, as well as using our
webcam to demonstrate proper set-up and various available
Last Modified: 06/27/2012