The goal of the TARGET Center’s program is to support all USDA employees in their efforts to remain safe and comfortable at their workstations. All consultations, educational and product-related services are offered at no cost to USDA employees.
TARGET’s Ergonomics services include:
- Available by request nationwide for USDA individuals, departments and groups
- Topics covered
- Overview of risk factors for Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Anatomy of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Principles of workstation positioning
- “Ergonomic” computer and office products
- Office athletics
- Basic ergonomics education
- Assistance with workstation adjustments
- Suggestions for alternative positioning and products
- Written summary provided upon request
- Phone assessments can be performed. Please consult with the TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600.
Product Loans, Demonstrations and Support
- Pointing Devices (mice)
- Positioning products (keyboard trays, monitor risers, mouse bridge, etc.)
- Adjustable office chairs
(in-center evaluation only)
- Accessories (document holders, footrests, telephone headsets, etc.)
- Office stretch exercises
Please review our TARGET’s Being Comfortable at Work pamphlet. It can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Last Modified: 06/27/2012